Nada Surf - The Weight Is A Gift Part 3

Comes A Time

A relaxing song, with slow tempo and soothing guitar arpeggios and melodies. I mean, the lyrics and great and work really well with his tone of singing. “Comes a time when you can’t judge no more” talks about the fact that there is a point in life where we become the lone figure and we are the ones being judged instead of judging other people to me.

In the Mirror

An up tempo song relative to the previous track, it sets into the mood of the song soon with lyrics coming in within the opening bars. The double tracked guitar lines work well with the simple percussion as the lyrics and recurrent rhythm melody, “I need a reminder of what I’m doing, I need a reminder that I’m human” tells me that once in a while we’ve gotta stop living and just see what we’ve done. What mistakes we’ve made, what bad choices we’ve made, because that essentially means that we are human.

Armies Walk

Soft guitar introduction with another simple bassline and percussion works well, but not a huge fan of this track, it seems more like a filler track and doesn’t really tell its own story.

Imaginary Friends

A great way to finish the album, we see a strong overdriven rhythm guitar lead the way of the final track of the album, as his soothing voice contrasts the melody with its strangely high range  as he tells us, ” Today, don’t want no one to tell me how it ends, meaning that he just wants to be alone and we need times like this in our lives.

A true indie rock record.

7/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment