Plane Mix

I have just been there and back from AMUC in Hobart, Tasmania. So, in preparation, I ahve decided to make myself a plane mix although it is clearly biased due to the fact that it is based around the music I have been listening to in the last month or so.

Before I reveal the list, I think we need to examine what would make a good plane mix. So, when I’m on a plane, I end up reading a book; usually on music history and the like. Therefore, it’s usually good to have some good relaxing music  but that needs to be contrasted to the fast rhythm of rock and especially punk rock after witnessing NOFX and Bad Religion.

Pity, but the flight isn’t very long and it was about 100 minutes long so not even two hours so obviously not a huge playlist was chosen and well as a struggle to find good tracks since the music brought was only about 100 GB on my iPod.

1. 3rd Planet – Modest Mouse
2. Mountain Song – Jane’s Addiction
3. Free Radicals – The Flaming Lips
4. Sympathy for the Devil – The Rolling Stones
5. Clash City Rockers – The Clash
6. Freakshow – The Cure
7. Re-Offender – Travis
8. Downed – Cheap Trick
9. Whole Lotta Love – Led Zeppelin
10. We Called It America – NOFX
11. 25 or 6 to 4 – Chicago
12. It’s Over – The Cure
13. Run Like Hell – Pink Floyd
14. Jumping Someone Else’s Train – The Cure
15. Money for Nothing – Dire Straits
16. Prayers for Rain – The Cure
17. Warthog – The Ramones
18. Stiffness When Idle – The Replacements
19. The Quitter – NOFX
20. Friday I’m In Love – The Cure
21. Slow Ride – Foghat
22. Ohio – Neil Young
23. Moondance – Van Morrison
24. No Go – The Ramones
25. Just Like Heaven – The Cure

0 comments:

Post a Comment